Friday, January 13, 2012

Back from the Injury... Kind of?

I trained this once this week and did two classes, infinitely more times than I trained or went to class last week or the ten prior to that. It was amazing on one hand and frustrating on the other. I had such a good time moving around, and getting back in the swing of things. I could do almost everything I was doing before except for rolling over to finish the arm bar upside down. I somehow lost that muscle memory, but with a little work I am sure it will be back in no time. Not to worried about that. After training and class my knee got stiff, but I relaxed, waited for it to loosen up, then went back at it. The frustrating part came this morning. I was at the Fargo Body Shop and started a nasty nasty workout called Hidalgo and my knee started hurting. Not the bad one either. The left MCL now had twinges of bad pain through various spots in the range of motion. Steph ruled out overcompensation as the cause of injury saying if it were the case it would be my LCL bothering me. We concluded that since I hadn't run in probably half a year, and I ran 1 mile yesterday and two miles today and while I was running today my hip flexers got extremely tight that this might be causing the problem. I aborted the workout and went home, anxious, upset, and frustrated. Luckily however we were right, I stretched and loosened up and the pain was gone. My mood: back to happy and looking forward to the training adventures ahead of me! Can't wait! No the only question that remains in my mind is, "Can I make the Pan?"

No comments:

Post a Comment